After a virtual management committee meeting held on 18 June 2020 we wish to share the following outcomes in respect of the 2020 football season.
- The Management Committee have made the difficult decision to call off the 2020 CTTFA League and Knockout competitive season.
- There will therefore be no promotion-relegation in senior leagues.
- This is in line with predicted timelines to restart competitive amateur contact sports and the practical elements involved in having a season along with the Delphisure policy changes relating to COVID-19 and reduction in benefits.
- Clubs will have the opportunity to host or participate in friendies and/or tournaments once it is safe to do so regardless of the status of our competitive league and knockout tournaments provided they receive the necessary CTTFA / SAFA CT permission.
- Although SAFA Cape Town and CTTFA are not sanctioning tournaments at this stage, those which have already been sanctioned remain as is but may only go ahead on confirmation from SAFA National and in line with Government regulations.
- In lieu of the decision taken above, CTTFA will host virtual discussions with clubs around the way forward for junior football in 2021.
- Clubs are encouraged to attend and engage in these sessions as we put together the junior football plan for 2021 with direction and input from all.
- We will also endeavour to host similar sessions with club coaches to get their input and use their feedback.
We trust the above gives some clarity to unanswered questions and look forward to continuing the football discussion online via our webinar series and virtual meetings.
CTTFA Management Committee